LMI for San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco MD, California
The files listed below are for the San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco Metropolitan Division, California, which is comprised of San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties. Some data are available only at the Metropolitan Division level. Questions about these data and the local area economy may be addressed by contacting a local Labor Market Consultant.
- MSA Definition
- Unemployment Rates and Labor Force
- Industry Employment Data
- Occupational Data
- Economic Indicator Resources
- Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans
- WIA Planning Information Packet
- Population Data Resources
Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSA) is a geographical area with a population of 50,000 or more, plus adjacent territory that has a high degree of social and economic integration with the core as measured by commuting ties. Visit MSA Definition for more information.
Unemployment Rates and Labor Force
For San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco MD (San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties):
- San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco MD Press Release (PDF)
- Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) Labor Force Data San Francisco County (Excel)
- Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) Labor Force Data San Mateo County (Excel)
- Cities and Places Labor Force Data San Francisco County (Excel)
- Cities and Places Labor Force Data San Mateo (Excel)
Additional Unemployment Rates and Labor Force Information:
- Labor Force Data Search Tool
- Unemployment Rate and Labor Force Information
- Interactive Unemployment Rate and Labor Force Maps
Industry Employment Data
The EDDs Labor Market Information Division provides an overview of the Industry Employment Data in
San Francisco-Redwood City-South San Francisco MD (San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties).
- Press Release (PDF)
(Downloadable Excel Files)
Use the Industry Employment - Official Monthly Estimates (or CES) tool to search data.
Employment Projections by Industry:
Projections of Employment estimate the changes in industry and occupational employment over time resulting from industry growth, technological change, and other factors. California produces long-term (10 year) projections of employment every 2 years for the State and local areas. Statewide short-term (2 year) projections are revised annually.
Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (Based on NAICS Classification):
Agricultural Employment in California is produced monthly for California and six regions in the state. Marin County is in the North Coast Region. San Francisco and San Mateo Counties are in the Central Coast Region.
Additional Industry Data
- Major Employers by County:
List of major employers from the Americas Labor Market Information System Employer Database.
- Quarterly Workforce Indicators:
Summaries of Quarterly Workforce Indicators at the county and local Workforce Investment Area levels.
- Size of Business Data:
Data for businesses by Employment Size, Industry, and County.
- California Industry and Occupation Staffing Patterns:
Data produced monthly for California and six regions in the state. Marin County is in the North Coast Region. San Francisco and San Mateo Counties are in the Central Coast Region.
- Data by Industry:
General industry data on the employment, the number and size of businesses, and other characteristics by industry.
Projections of Employment by Occupation:
- Occupational Projections Data Search Tool
- Occupational Projections (Excel)
- Occupations with Fastest Growth (Excel)
- Occupations with Most Job Openings (Excel)
- Methods and Economic Assumptions for Occupational Projections
Additional Occupational Data Resources
Economic Indicator Resources
Resources and tools available for data relating to economic indicating factors for Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo Counties.
- Income Data Search Tool
- Median Income and Per Capita Personal Income Search Tool
- Taxable Sales for California and Counties from the California Board of Equalization
- Additional Economic Indicators Information
Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans
The Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans page provides information for the 2000 Census population, labor force data, and summary occupational information for use in developing affirmative action programs, also known as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
WIA Planning Information Packet
The Workforce Information Act (WIA) Planning Information Packets for San Francisco, and San Mateo counties were developed to aid local organizations in identifying the needs of target groups in order to make appropriate resource allocations for employment and training activities.