LMI for Ventura County, California
The files listed below are for Ventura County, California, which is also known as the Oxnard–Thousand Oaks–Ventura Metropolitan Statistical Division. Questions about these data and the local area economy may be addressed to the Local Labor Market Consultant.
- County Profile
- Unemployment Rates and Labor Force
- Industry Employment Data
- Occupational Data
- Economic Indicators
- Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans
- WIA Planning Information Packet
- Population Data Resources
An overview of local labor market information including employment and unemployment, industry data, wages, consumer price index and more!
Unemployment Rates and Labor Force
- Oxnard–Thousand Oaks–Ventura MSA Press Release (PDF)
- Oxnard–Thousand Oaks–Ventura MSA Labor Force Data (Excel)
- Current Month Labor Force Data for Cities and Census Designated Places (Excel)
- Labor Force Data Search Tool
- Unemployment Rate and Labor Force Information
- Interactive Unemployment Rate and Labor Force Maps
Industry Employment Data
The EDDs Labor Market Information Division provides an overview of the Industry Employment Data in Ventura County.
(Downloadable Excel Files)
|Area||Monthly Data||Annual Average|
|Oxnard–Thousand Oaks–Ventura MSA||1990–1999
Use the Industry Employment - Official Monthly Estimates (or CES) tool to search data.
Employment Projections by Industry:
Projections of Employment estimate the changes in industry and occupational employment over time resulting from industry growth, technological change, and other factors. California produces long-term (10 year) projections of employment every 2 years for the State and local areas. Statewide short-term (2 year) projections are revised annually.
Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (Based on NAICS Classification):
Agricultural Employment in California is produced monthly for California and six regions in the state. Ventura County is in the South Coast Region.
Additional Industry Data
- Major Employers by County
- Quarterly Workforce Indicators
Summaries of Quarterly Workforce Indicators at the county and Local Workforce Development Area Levels.
- Size of Business Data:
Data for businesses by Employment Size, Industry, and County.
- California Industry and Occupation Staffing Patterns:
Staffing Patterns are a list of the occupations employed within a particular industry, or a list of the industries that employ a particular occupation.
- Data by Industry
General industry data on the employment, the number and size of businesses, and other characteristics by industry.
Find occupational data for Ventura County on wages, projections of employment by occupation, and other occupational resources.
Projections of Employment by Occupation:
Ventura County Occupational Projections
- Occupational Projections Data Search Tool
- Occupational Projections (Excel)
- Occupations with Fastest Growth (Excel)
- Occupations with the Most Job Openings (Excel)
- Methods and Economic Assumptions for Occupational Projections
Additional Occupational Data Resources
Resources and tools available for data relating to economic indicating factors for Ventura County.
- Income Data Search Tool
- Median Income and Per Capita Personal Income Search Tool
- Taxable Sales for California and Counties from the California Board of Equalization
- Additional Economic Indicators Information
Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans
The Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans page provides information on Census population, labor force data, and summary occupational information for use in developing affirmative action programs, also known as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
WIA Planning Information Packet
The Workforce Information Act (WIA) Planning Information Packets were developed to aid local organizations in identifying the needs of target groups in order to make appropriate resource allocations for employment and training activities.
Population Data Resources
- Population & Census
- County Commute Map (PDF)
- California Demographic Research Unit
- United States Census Bureau