LMI Help for Dislocated Workers - Where to Get It, How to Present
Whether a job seeker is looking for a new job by choice, or because the business he or she is working for is closing or down sizing, that job seeker needs information to make a good career choice.
"What's next?" Workers need to know:
- What are their skills and abilities?
- What occupations use those skills and abilities?
- Are there job opportunities?
- What are the typical wages?
- Do they need further training to qualify?
- What industries employ the occupation?
- Where are the potential employers for the occupation in the local area?
The guide includes methods to identify suitable career change options, as well as templates that local workforce development staff can adapt to present occupational information to their clients. See " LMI Help for Dislocated Workers" for more information.