Labor Market Information for the State of California (Statewide Summary)
The files listed below are for the State of California as a whole. Not listed here are county or MSA. Questions about these data and the local area economy may be addressed to the Local Labor Market Consultant.
- State Profile
- Labor Force and Unemployment Rate Interactive Maps
- Unemployment Rates and Labor Force
- Industry Employment Data
- Occupational Data
- Economic Indicator Resources
- Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans
- WIA Planning Information Packet
- Population Data Resources
State of California
An overview of labor market information in the State of California including employment and unemployment, industry data, wages, consumer price index and more! Labor Day Briefing for California
Labor Day Briefing
The Labor Day Briefing presents significant labor market trends and topical statistics relating to the California economy. (Requires Acrobat Reader.)
Labor Force and Unemployment Rate Interactive Map
The interactive map displays non-seasonally adjusted California Labor Force and Unemployment Data for all 58 counties and 21 major cities ranked by population size. These maps and associated data are updated monthly at the time of the official EDD Press Release. Please refer to the EDD Data Release Schedule to see the next planned update.
Unemployment Rates and Labor Force
- Official California Press Release – Employment Development Department (PDF)
- California Current Month Labor Force (PDF) Seasonally Adjusted, Not Seasonally Adjusted
- California Historical Labor Force Data (Excel) Seasonally Adjusted, Not Seasonally Adjusted
- US, California and Los Angeles County Current Labor Force Comparison (PDF)
- California Labor Market Review (PDF)
- Labor Force Data Search Tool
- Unemployment Rate and Labor Force Information
- Interactive Unemployment Rate and Labor Force Maps
Industry Employment Data
The EDDs Labor Market Information Division provides an overview of the Industry Employment Data in State of California.
(Downloadable Excel Files)
Use the Industry Employment - Official Monthly Estimates (or CES) tool to search data.
Employment Projections by Industry:
Projections of Employment estimate the changes in industry and occupational employment over time resulting from industry growth, technological change, and other factors. California produces long-term (10 year) projections of employment every 2 years for the State and local areas. Statewide short-term (2 year) projections are revised annually.
Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (Based on NAICS Classification):
Business Employment Dynamics (BED): provides data to track changes in employment expansion and contraction at private businesses.
Hours and Earnings for Manufacturing Industries
Agricultural Employment in California is produced monthly for California and six regions in the state.
Additional Industry Data
- Major Employers by County
List of major employers from the Americas Labor Market Information System Employer Database.
- Quarterly Workforce Indicators
Summaries of Quarterly Workforce Indicators at the county and Local Workforce Development Area Levels.
- Size of Business Data:
Data for businesses by Employment Size, Industry, and County.
- California Industry and Occupation Staffing Patterns:
Staffing Patterns are a list of the occupations employed within a particular industry, or a list of the industries that employ a particular occupation.
- Data by Industry
General industry data on the employment, the number and size of businesses, and other characteristics by industry.
Find occupational data for State of California on wages, projections of employment by occupation, and other occupational resources.
Projections of Employment by Occupation:
California Occupational Projections
- Occupational Projections Data Search Tool
- Methods and Economic Assumptions for Occupational Projections
Additional Occupational Data Resources
Economic Indicator Resources
Resources and tools available for data relating to economic indicating factors for State of California.
- Income Data Search Tool
- Median Income and Per Capita Personal Income Search Tool
- Taxable Sales for California and Counties from the California Board of Equalization
- Additional Economic Indicators Information
Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans
The Data for Affirmative Action/EEO Plans page provides information on Census population, labor force data, and summary occupational information for use in developing affirmative action programs, also known as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
WIA Planning Information Packet
The Workforce Information Act (WIA) Planning Information Packets were developed to aid local organizations in identifying the needs of target groups in order to make appropriate resource allocations for employment and training activities.