Monthly Data Release
Each month the EDD Labor Market Information Division (LMID) releases revised and preliminary civilian labor force, unemployment rates, and industry employment by geography for California, metropolitan areas, counties, and sub-county areas. These data and interactive tools are updated monthly at the time of the official EDD Press Release. The last data released was for March 2019. Please refer to the EDD Data Release Schedule to see the next planned update.
- Monthly EDD Press Release
- Current Month Data
- Interactive Data Tools
- Analysis and Reports
- Additional Data
Monthly EDD Press Release
Data for areas on the drop down list that have an * after the name offer multi-county Metropolitan Area data only.
- Official EDD Statewide News Release
- Current Labor Force Comparison
- Labor Force and Industry Employment: Seasonally Adjusted | Not Seasonally Adjusted
- Industry Employment - Official Estimates
- California Labor Market Review
- Online Job Advertisement Statistics: Statewide | Metropolitan Areas
- Text Data File – Comma-delimited: 1990 to Present - California, Counties, and MSA.
Current Month Data
Unemployment Rate and Labor Force Data for:
- California and Counties
- California and Metropolitan Areas
- Local Workforce Development Areas (Local Areas)
- Cities and Places by County
- Historical Unemployment Rates
Labor Force Data only for:
Industry Employment and Labor Force Data for:
Interactive Data Tools
- Top Statistics
Top Statistics include some of the most frequently researched labor market statistics for California.
- Interactive Labor Force and Unemployment Rate Maps
The map displays non-seasonally adjusted data for all 58 counties and 21 major cities ranked by population size.
- Economic Indicators
The California Economic Indicators page provides up-to-date data and trends on the State and local labor markets.
Analysis and Reports
- LMI Publications Library
The Employment Development Department (EDD) produces several Labor Market Information (LMI) publications that are available to the public online. These publications are generally produced weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually. Occasionally, the EDD will produce special reports to inform the public of important economic trends.