California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A property broker-agent is a person authorized to act as an insurance agent, broker, or solicitor. Licensed to act as a property broker-agent includes the type property, which entitles the licensee to transact insurance coverage on the direct or consequential loss or damage to property of every kind.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is not required
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Complete 20 hours of approved property prelicensing study and 12 hours of approved prelicensing study on ethics and the California Insurance Code
• Entity: Individual and Business Entity
• Application: $170 for two-year term
• Renewal: $170 every two-year license term
• Fingerprint processing: The fee at the California Department of Insurance's (CDI) test centers is $58.30. The fee at PSI's test centers is $68.95.
Other license information and requirements:
• Examination required: Yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules the examinations for CDl's property brokeragent license applicants. For scheduling examinations use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm. Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all unlicensed resident and most non-resident applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Two-year license term
• Continuing Education: 24 hours of continuing education which includes• three hours of ethics each two-year license term
For more information on this license type use this URL: https://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/property/index.cfm.
Authority: Section 1625(b)(1) •of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Insurance Sales Agents ||413021 |