Biotechnology in California
How would you like to make your car run on oil leftover from making french fries? How about discovering new drugs that can combat cancer? What if you can create crops that can survive and even thrive with very little water in places where droughts are persistent? You can do all of this and more using biotechnology!
What are biotechnology occupations and why are they vital to California's economy? These are jobs that play a role in the effort to develop and implement innovative technologies that transform California’s economic and scientific growth. The broader goal of this changing industry is to apply science and technology to make products, provide services, and improve processes that can enhance human lives and better our world.
- Biotechnology Occupational Data
- Profiles of Key Biotechnology Occupations
- Biotechnology Resources
Table of Contents for the Biotechnology in California Report
Listed below are the main section and subtopics available in the Biotechnology in California Report.
- Biotechnology in California
- Pharmaceutical and Medicine Manufacturing
- Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Medical Equipment and Supplies Manufacturing
- Professional and Commercial Equipment and Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
- Chemical and Allied Products Merchant Wholesalers’ Management
- Scientific and Technical Consulting Services
- Scientific Research and Development Services
- Postsecondary Colleges, Universities, and Schools
- Medical and Diagnostic Laboratories
- Federal, State, and Local Government
Biotechnology Occupational Data
Profiles of Key Biotechnology Occupations
Some biotechnology-related occupations are new or emerging, while others are traditional, yet require specialized skills or knowledge to perform the necessary tasks. To learn more about biotechnology and key occupations in this industry, select the links below. Additional occupations will be included as data become available.