Green Activities - State of Washington
In 2008, the Washington State Legislature passed the Governor's Climate Change and Green Collar Jobs bill, House Bill 2815. Visit Washington's Green Economy for links and more information. One of the tasks will include The Green Economy Initiative study. The study is in the early implementation phase, with regular review and involvement from all partners named in the bill.
To identify green economic sectors, industries, businesses and jobs, and to measure growth in green-economy businesses and jobs over time.
- A sample of identified green industries will be selected for the survey. Updated Industry List 8-5-2008
- A screening pre-survey will be conducted of all other sectors to identify any sectors or industries containing green jobs that may have been missed in the original sample. This combined list of industries, or sectors, becomes the sample frame for the survey from which a random sample of approximately 17,000 employers will be selected.
- This sample of employers will be asked about the number of employees and any green jobs in their establishment.
- Survey design will ensure statistically valid and reliable results. Focus is on direct jobs.
Survey launched in late July. Preliminary findings available mid-December.
This report presents the findings of a survey of private-sector employers in Washington state. The goal of the survey was to identify the number and type of jobs in the states emerging green economy and to establish a baseline measure that can be used to track industry and job growth in Washington's green economy.
For more information, contact:
Labor Market and Economic Analysis
Employment Security Department
P.O. Box 9046
Olympia, WA 98507-9046
Google Translate™ is unavailable on
this page and its subsequent pages.
- Find Local Employers
- Training Information
- Occupational Guides
- Local Area Profiles
- Statewide Data Summary
- Monthly Data Release
- What's New
- GIS Maps
- LMI Advisory Group
Top Links This Month
- Occupational Guides
- Data by Occupation
- Unemployment Rate & Labor Force
- LMI for Job Seekers
- Links to LMI by County Area