Current Industry Employment and Unemployment Rates for California
Each month the Employment Development Department releases revised and preliminary civilian labor force, unemployment rates, and industry employment for California. The last data released was for October 2017. For a complete schedule of future data releases, please visit the 2017 Release Schedule.
Labor Force Data and Industry Employment for California
- Official EDD Press Release
- Current Labor Force and Industry Employment: Seasonally Adjusted | Not Seasonally Adjusted
- California Employment by Industry Data - Official Estimates
- California Labor Market Review (PDF)
- US, California, and Los Angeles County: Current Labor Force Comparison
About These Data
Each month the Employment Development Department, Labor Market Information Division releases unemployment rates and employment by industry data for California and substate areas. For the state, we release two series of data: Seasonally adjusted and Not seasonally – adjusted. The greatest detail is provided for the not seasonally-adjusted series. These are the data used to compare the California statewide data with other geographic areas in the state.
Data for Other Areas
- Cities and Census Designated Places
- Local Workforce Development Areas (Local Areas)
- Metropolitan Areas