California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Adjuster, Independent Insurance
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
An independent insurance adjuster is a person other than a private investigator who, for any consideration whatsoever, engages in the business of making an investigation for the purpose of obtaining information in the course of adjusting or participating in the disposal of any claim in connection with a policy of insurance or engages in soliciting insurance adjustment business.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years of age
• Exam required: Yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules the examinations for the California Department of Insurance's (CDI)Independent insurance adjuster applicants. To schedule an examinations, use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service link at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm. Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Must have two years certified experience
in insurance adjusting field; 2,000 hours of compensated time in theadjusting field is equal to one year of experience.
• Continuing Education requirements: 24 hours of continuing education (CE) of which 3 hours of ethics are a part of the 24 hour CE requirement
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Two-year license term
• Application: $257
• Examination Fee: $65; Re-examination: $26
• License renewal: $257 (per qualified manager) each two-year license term
• Fingerprint Fees: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance test centers is $58.30. At PSI test centers, the fingerprint fee is $68.95
Special License Requirements: A $2,000 Bond of Insurance Adjuster
For additional information http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/insurance-adjuster.cfm.
Section 14021 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators ||131031 |