California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
An insurance adjuster is a person other than a private investigator who, for any consideration whatsoever, engages in the business of making an investigation for the purpose of obtaining information in the course of adjusting or participating in the disposal of any claim in connection with a policy of insurance or engages in soliciting insurance adjustment business.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years of age;
• Exam required: yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, a California-based company providing state-based regulatory licensure services, handles the scheduling of examinations for individuals licensed by the California Department of Insurance's (CDI) Producer Licensing Bureau. Instructions for scheduling examinations are posted on PSI's Examination Scheduling Service (http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm). Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Must have two years certified experience
in insurance adjusting field. 2,000 hours of compensated time in the
adjusting field is equal to one year of experience.
• Continuing EDucation requirements: 24 hours each two year license term;
• Average Time to Process Application: 2 to 3 weeks;
• Renewal Period: Biennially (every second year).
• Application: $267 (which includes $213 license fee & $54 application);
• Re-examination: $22;
• License renewal: $213 (per qualified manager) for 2-year term;
• Fingerprint impressions are required for unlicensed applicants;
Special License Requirements:
• $2,000 Insurance Adjuster bond;
• 2 ID passport photos;
• Entity types: Individual and Business Entity
For more information this license type use this URL: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/insurance-adjuster.cfm
Authority: California Insurance Code Division 1, Part 2, Chapter 5, Section 14021
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators ||131031 |