California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Personal Lines Broker-Agent
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A Personal Lines Broker-Agent is a person authorized to transact automobile insurance, residential property insurance, including earthquake and flood insurance, personal watercraft insurance and umbrella or excess liability insurance providing coverage when written over one or more underlying automobile or residential property insurance policies, and a personal lines broker-agent license is a license so to act.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is not required
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Complete 20 hours of approved personal lines prelicensing study and 12 hours of ethics and the California Insurance Code
• Entity: Individual and Business Entity
• Application: $154 for two-year term
• Renewal: $154 (two-year term)
• Fingerprint processing: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) test centers is $58.30. At PSI test centers, the fingerprint fee is $68.95.
Other license information and requirements:
• Exam required: Yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules the examinations for CDI's personal lines broker-agent applicants. For scheduling examinations use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm. Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all
unlicensed resident and most non-resident applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Two-year license term
• Continuing Education: 24 hours of continuing education which includes 3 hours of ethics each two-year license term
For more information on this license type use this URL: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/personal-lines/index.cfm.
Authority: Section 1625.5 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Insurance Sales Agents ||413021 |