California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Cargo Shipper's Agent
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A Cargo Shipper’s Agent is an individual who acts as an agent on behalf of a cargo owner or shipper, or both, to procure cargo insurance only on behalf of a cargo owner or shipper for whom the agent is also arranging for the carriage of goods.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is required
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Not required
• Entity: Individual and Business Entity
• Application: $58 for two-year term
• Renewal: $58 for two-year term
• Fingerprint processing: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) fingerprint vendor, Accurate Biometrics, is $58.30. Review the following link for more information: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0200-prod-licensing/0100-applicant-info/0300-cafingerprint/index.cfm.
Other license information and requirements:
• Examination required: No
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all resident and most non-resident license applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Two-year license term
For more information on this license type use this URL: https://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/cargo-shippers.cfm.
Authority: Section 1757.1-1757.3 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Cargo and Freight Agents ||435011 |