California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A bail solicitor is a person who transacts bail on behalf of and as the employee of the holder of a bail license.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is required
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Complete an approved 20-hour
• Entity: Individual
• Application: $514 for a two-year license
• Re-examination: $51
• Renewal: $154 per employer each two-year license
• Fingerprint processing: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) test centers is $58.30. At PSI test centers, the fingerprint fee is $68.95.
Other license information and requirements:
• Exam required: Yes;
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules examinations for CDI's bail solicitor applicants. For scheduling examinations use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm. Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all
unlicensed bail applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Biennially (every second year)
Special License Requirements:
• $1,000 Bond of Bail Solicitor
• Action Notice of appointment
• 2 Passport identification photos
• Continuing Education: Complete an approved 12-hour continuing education
course per two year license term
For more information on this license type use this URL http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/bail-solicitor.cfm.
Authority: Sections 1800-1822 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Financial Specialists, All Other ||132099 |