California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A bail agent is a person permitted to solicit, negotiate, and effect undertakings of bail on behalf of any surety insurer.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years;
• Residency: California residency is required;
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Complete an approved 12-hour pre-licensing
• Entity: Individual/Corporation
• Application: $213 per company; includes original license fee;
• Examination or re-examination: $42;
• Renewal: $64 per insurer, per year;
• Fingerprint processing: $58.30
Other license information and requirements:
• Exam required: Yes;
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, a California-based company providing state-based regulatory licensure services, handles the scheduling of examinations for individuals licensed by the California Department of Insurance's (CDI) Producer Licensing Bureau. Instructions for scheduling examinations are posted on PSI's Examination Scheduling Service (http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm). Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all
unlicensed bail applicants.
• Average Time to Process Application: 2 to 3 weeks;
• Renewal Period: Biennially (every second year).
Special License Requirements:
• $1,000 Bond of Bail Agent;
• Action Notice of appointment;
• 2 Passport ID photos.
• Continuing Education: Complete an approved 12-hour continuing education
course per two year license renewal term;
For more information on this license type use this URL: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/bail-agent.cfm
Authority: California Insurance Code, Division 1, Part 2, Chapter 7, Sections 1800-1822.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Financial Specialists, All Other ||132099 |