California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A bail agent is a person permitted to solicit, negotiate, and effect undertakings of bail on behalf of any surety insurer.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is required
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Complete an approved 20-hour bail pre-licensing course
• Entity: Individual/Corporation
• Application: $514 per surety company every two year license term
• Examination or re-examination: $42
• Renewal: Two-year term
• Fingerprint processing: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) test centers is $58.30. At PSI test centers, the fingerprint fee is $68.95.
Other license information and requirements:
• Exam required: Yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules the examinations for the CDI) bail license applicants. For scheduling examinations use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm. Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all
unlicensed bail applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Every two-years
Special License Requirements:
• $1,000 Bond of Bail Agent
• Action Notice of appointment
• 2 Passport identification photos
• Continuing Education: Complete an approved 12-hour continuing education
course each two year license renewal term
For more information on this license type use this URL: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/bail-agent.cfm.
Authority: Sections 1800-1822 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Financial Specialists, All Other ||132099 |