California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Adjuster, Public Insurance
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
Public Insurance Adjuster is a person who, for compensation, acts on behalf of or aids in any manner, an insured in negotiating for or effecting the settlement of a claim or claims for loss or damage under any policy of insurance covering real or personal property or any person who advertises, solicits business, or holds himself or herself out to the public as an adjuster of those claims and any person who, for compensation, investigates, for those losses on behalf of any public insurance adjuster.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Entity Types: Individual and Business Entity
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Must have two years certified experience in the insurance adjusting field. 2,000 hours of compensated time in the adjusting field is equal to one year of experience;
• Continuing Education: 24 hours of continuing education •of which 3 hours are in ethics each two-year license term
• License: $240
• Renewal: $240 for two year term
• Fingerprint processing fee: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) test centers is $58.30. At PSI test centers, the fingerprint fee is $68.95.
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules the examinations for CDI's license applicants. For scheduling examinations use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm. Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions are required for unlicensed resident applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Two-year license term
For more information on this license type use this URL: https://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/public-insurance.cfm.
Authority: Section 15007 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Claims Adjusters, Examiners, and Investigators ||131031 |