California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A casualty broker-agent license entitles the licensee to transact insurance coverage against liability, including that for death, injury, disability, or damage to real or personal property.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is not required
• Pre-licensing Experience/Education: Complete prelicensing requirements consisting of 20 hours of approved CA pre-licensing study and 12 hours of approved prelicensing study on ethics and the California Insurance Code
• Entity: Individual and Business Entity
• Application: $170 for two-year term
• Renewal: $170 (two-year term)
• Fingerprint processing: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI} test centers is $58.30. At PSI test centers, the fingerprint fee is $68.95.
Other license information and requirements:
• Examinationrequired: Yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules examinations for CDI's casualty broker-agent applicants. For scheduling examinations use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm. Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all unlicensed resident and most non-resident applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Renewal Period: Two-year license term
• Continuing Education: 24 hours of continuing education that includes 3 hours of ethics during each two-year license term
For more information on this license type use this URL: https://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/casualty/index.cfm.
Authority: Section 1625(b)(2) of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Insurance Sales Agents ||413021 |