California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Life-Limited to the Payment of Funeral and Burial Expenses
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A Life-Limited to the Payment of Funeral and Burial Expenses license is limited by the terms of a written agreement with an insurer which has filed on that life-only agent's behalf a notice of appointment with the commissioner to transact only specific life insurance policies or annuities having an initial face amount of fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) or less that are designated by the purchaser for the payment of funeral and burial expenses.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is not required
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: None
• License Filing: $154 (2-year term)
• Fingerprint fee: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) test centers is $58.30. At PSI test centers, the fingerprint fee is $68.95.
• Renewal: $154 every two-year license term
Other license information and requirements:
• Exam required: Yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules the examinations CDI's Life-Limited applicants. For scheduling examinations use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all
unlicensed resident and most non-resident applicants
• Continuing Education: None
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Two-year license term
For more information on this license type us this URL: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/funeral-burial/index.cfm.
Authority: Sections 1676(c), 10240, 10247, 10252 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks ||439041 |