California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Life-Limited to the Payment of Funeral and Burial Expenses
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A Life License Limited to the Payment of Funeral and Burial Expenses is limited by the terms of a written agreement with an insurer which has filed on that life-only agent's behalf a notice of appointment with the commissioner to transact only specific life insurance policies or annuities having an initial face amount of fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) or less that are designated by the purchaser for the payment of funeral and burial expenses.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years;
• Residency: California residency is not required;
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: None
• License Filing: $128 (2-year term);
• Fingerprint fee: $58.30;
• Renewal: $128 (2-year term).
Other license information and requirements:
• Exam required: Yes;
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, a California-based company providing state-based regulatory licensure services, handles the scheduling of examinations for individuals licensed by the California Department of Insurance's (CDI) Producer Licensing Bureau. Instructions for scheduling examinations are posted on PSI's Examination Scheduling Service (http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm). Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone;
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all
unlicensed resident and most non-resident applicants;
• Continuing Education: None;
• Average Time to Process Application: 2 to 3 weeks;
• Renewal Period: Renewal Period: Biennially (every second year).
For more information on this license type us this URL: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/funeral-burial/index.cfm.
Authority: California Insurance Code Sections 1676(c),10240, 10247, 10252
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Insurance Claims and Policy Processing Clerks ||439041 |