California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Portable Electronics Insurance Agent
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
"Portable Electronics" means all of the following: personal, self-contained, easily carried by an individual, battery-operated electronic communication, viewing, listening, recording, gaming, computing, or global positioning devices, including cell or satellite phones, pagers, personal global positioning satellite units, portable computers, portable audio listening, video viewing or recording devices, digital cameras, video camcorders, portable gaming systems, docking stations, automatic answering devices, their accessories, and service related to the use of those devices.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is not required
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: None
• Entity: Individual and Business Entity
• Application: $292 for two-year term
• Renewal: $292 (two-year term)
• Fingerprint processing: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) fingerprint vendor, Accurate Biometrics, is $58.30. For more information, please review the following link: http://www.insuranee.ca.gov/0200-industry/0200-prod-licensing/0100-applicant-info/0300-cafingerprint/index.cfm.
Other license information and requirements:
• Examination required: No
• Examination information: None
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all unlicensed resident and most non-resident applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Two-year license term
• Continuing Education: Mandatory training is required
For additional information on this license use this URL: https://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/comm-equipment/index.cfm.
Authority: Section 1758.6 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Insurance Sales Agents ||413021 |