California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Accident and Health Agent
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
The Accident and Health license authorizes an individual to transact insurance products providing coverage for sickness, bodily injury, or accidental death and may include benefits for disability income. The licensee may also transact 24-hour care coverage and long-term care. The following list are samples of some of the insurance products that can be transacted with this license: health insurance, disability insurance, and credit disability insurance.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is not required;
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: Complete prelicensing requirements
consisting of 20 hours of approved accident and health prelicensing study and
12 hours of approved prelicensing study on Ethics and the California
• Entity Type: Individual and Business Entity
• Application: $154
• Renewal: $154 each two-year license term
• Fingerprint processing: The fingerprint fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) test centers is $58.30. At PSI test centers, the fingerprint fee is $68.95.
Other license information and requirements:
• Exam required: Yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules the examinations for CDI's accdient and health license applicants. To schedule examinations review PSI's Examination Scheduling Service at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all unlicensed resident and most non-resident applicants.
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Two-Year license term
For more information, review the following link: http://www.insurance.ca.gov/0200-industry/0050-renew-license/0200-requirements/accident-health/index.cfm
Authority: Section 1626 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Insurance Sales Agents ||413021 |