California Occupational License
Department of Insurance
Limited Lines Automobile Insurance Agent
Producer Licensing Bureau
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||320 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814 - 4309
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
A limited lines automobile insurance agent is a person authorized to transact automobile insurance, as defined in Section 660 of the Califoria Insurance Code (CIC).
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
• Minimum Age: 18 years
• Residency: California residency is not required
• Prelicensing Experience/Education: None
• Entity: Individual and Business Entity
• Application: $154
• Renewal: $154 each two-year term
• Fingerprint processing: The fee at the California Department of Insurance (CDI) test centers is $58.30. The fee at PSI test centers is $68.95.
Other license information and requirements:
• Exam required: Yes
• Examination information: PSI Services, LLC, schedules the examinations for CDI's limited lines automobile insurance agent applicants. For scheduling examinations use PSI's Examination Scheduling Service at http://media.psiexams.com/LC/apps/Attention.htm. Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone.
• Fingerprint impressions: Fingerprint impressions are required for all unlicensed resident and most non-resident applicants
• Average Time to Process Application: two to three weeks
• Renewal Period: Renewal Period: Two-year license
• Continuing Education: 20 hours of continuing education which includes three hours of ethics each two-year license period
Authority: Section 1625.55 of the California Insurance Code.
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Insurance Sales Agents ||413021 |