California Occupational License
Department of Consumer Affairs
Board of Pharmacy
Licensing Agency Contact Information:
License Requirements, Fees, and Examination Information:
||1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N219
Sacramento, CA 95834
| Phone Number:
| Fax Number:
| Internet Address:
Individuals wishing to engage in the dispensing of dangerous drugs and devices pursuant to prescriptions and other aspects of the pharmacy profession.
Occupations To Which This License Applies:
To be licensed as a pharmacist in California, you must:
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Have obtained a B.S. in Pharmacy or a Pharm.D. degree from a ACPE accredited college of pharmacy program.
* Graduates from a college of pharmacy program outside the U.S. must pass the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Examination (FPGEE) and earn a score of at least 50 on the Test of Spoken English (TSE). If you are a foreign graduate, you must complete the foreign graduate assessment process of the board to demonstrate the equivalency of your education to that of domestic graduates (more information regarding foreign pharmacy graduates).
* Have completed 1,500 intern experience hours or verified licensure as a pharmacist in another state for at least one year. An applicant for the examination who has graduated after January 1, 2016, from an ACPE accredited college of pharmacy or school of pharmacy recognized by the board shall be deemed to have satisfied the pharmacy practice experience requirements
* Have taken and passed the North American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX) and the California Pharmacist Jurisprudence Examination (CPJE) after December 31, 2003, or have passed a written and practical examination given by the board before January 1, 2004.
Fees: Examination: $260
Live Scan Fingerprint Services if applicant is located in CA: Fees paid directly to the Live Scan Service OR
Fingerprint processing fee for fingerprint cards if applicant is located outside of CA: $49
Initial license: $195
Biennially Renewal: $207
Examination Frequency: Ongoing as they are administered by computer.
Exam Locations: Examination testing sites in California and the US.
Experience Requirement: Intern hours are defined in Business and Professions Code section 4209.
Average Time to Process Application: 30 d
|Occupation Title||SOC Code
|Pharmacists ||291051 |