The Employer Classification Unit at LMID is responsible for assigning and
reviewing NAICS codes. In the event an employer does not agree with
our coding determination or has not received an assigned NAICS code, they
can request an update by writing a letter on their company
letterhead. The individual who signs the letter must be
authorized agent of the employer.
The following information must be included in the letter:
- State Unemployment Insurance account number (SEIN #).
- Physical business address if it differs from the mailing address.
- A brief statement asking for a review of your business activities and to change the assigned NAICS code or issue a newly assigned NAICS code.
- A detailed description of the business activity and services or products provided.
- A contact name and their phone number in the event we have additional questions.
Please fax your written request to (916) 262-2549.