LMI for Job Seekers
The EDD Labor Market Information Division provides data and links to resources that job seekers will find helpful to assist with searching for jobs. Use the Occupational Guides or salary and benefit information to identify career trends, locate wage and benefits information, and explore new career opportunities. Find tools and other related resources for job seekers also in Jobs and Training.
- Career Trends in the News
- Getting Started
- Job Search Tools
- Wages and Benefits
- EDD Resources
- Additional Resources
Career Trends in the News
- "4 Ways Students Can Boost Their Career Prospects This Winter" - Robin Reshwan, U.S. News & World Report; December 8, 2014
- "How To Ace The Interview When There Is No Job" - Susan Adams, Forbes; December 11, 2014
- "5 Interview Confidence Killers and How to Recover" - Laura McMullen, U.S. News & World Report; December 11, 2014
- "How to Break Your Bad Work Habits" - Dennis Nishi, Wall Street Journal; December 7, 2014
- "The Astonishing Trait That All Great Entrepreneurs Possess -- And You Can Too" - David K. Williams, Forbes; December 11, 2014
Get started on the path to find the right career for you. A step-by-step approach is oftentimes the best strategy. First determine your career interest and aptitude, identify your transferable skills, and also determine how much money you need to make to maintain your preferred lifestyle. The following resources can help you get on the path to your new career.
Job Search Tools
The Employment Development Department (EDD) provides a comprehensive range of employment and training services and tools in order to assist job seekers in finding and securing employment in their chosen field.
- Career Opportunities with the EDD
- Careers in California Government
- Experience Unlimited
- Find Local Employers
- Find Training Providers
- Job Fairs and Workshops
- Online Job Center
- Staffing Patterns by Industry
- Toolbox for Job Seekers
- What to Do When You Have Been Laid Off
Wages and Benefits
Before you ask for a raise or negotiate with a new employer on your salary, learn about wages paid in your area.
- Employment and Wages by Occupation
Find information about employment, hourly and annual wages, by occupational title and geographic area.
- Local Area Profile
Local Area Profile shows an overview of labor market information in a particular area within the state. Select an area by either using the area list or by choosing from the area map.
- Occupation Profile
Occupation Profile includes job description, job outlook and wages, and qualification requirements.
- Projections of Employment by Industry and Occupation
Projections of Employment estimate the changes in industry and occupational employment over time resulting from industry growth, technological change, and other factors. California produces long-term (10 year) projections of employment every 2 years for the State and local areas. Statewide short-term (2 year) projections are revised annually.
The Employment Development Department (EDD) provides a comprehensive range of employment and training services in partnership with state and local agencies and organizations. These services, provided statewide through the America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM, formerly known as One-Stop Career Centers, system benefit job seekers, laid off workers, youth, individuals currently working, veterans, and people with disabilities.
- Employer Information
Employers will find information on resources, offices, Layoff Services (WARN), tax incentives, training, etc.
- Jobs and Training
The Employment Development Department’s Workforce Services Branch provides a comprehensive range of employment and training services in partnership with state and local agencies and organizations.
- Unemployment Insurance(UI) General Information
Information about the UI program, how to apply for and manage a claim, FAQs, etc.
Information and resources for job seeking veterans.
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)
Workforce Investment Act information
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
Find information about employment, wages, and more.
- Department of Industrial Relations
Find information about the California minimum wage, employee rights, independent contractors, worker’s compensation, and more.
- Department of Labor
Provides information on the Employment and Training Administration, the Electronic Tools Guide, and other helpful employment information.
- My Skills My Future
Provides employment information and resources.
Google Translate™ is unavailable on
this page and its subsequent pages.
- Find Local Employers
- Training Information
- Occupational Guides
- Local Area Profiles
- Statewide Data Summary
- Monthly Data Release
- What's New
- GIS Interactive Maps
- LMI Advisory Group
- California Veterans Career Resource
Top Links This Month
- Occupational Guides
- Data by Occupation
- Unemployment Rate & Labor Force
- Wages and Employment by Occupation
- LMI by County Area