Quarterly Workforce Indicators
The Longitudinal Employer-Household Dynamics (LEHD) program at the U.S. Census Bureau, together with the California Employment Development Department, provides summaries of Quarterly Workforce Indicators at the county, metro, and local Workforce Investment Area levels cross-referenced with such factors as gender, age, race, education, firm size, and industry. The LEHD program website is at http://lehd.did.census.gov/.
The QWI Explorer provides quick online access to important data of interest to the Workforce community, such as:
- Measures of hires and separations for different types of workers - so that workforce investment boards know what job skills are needed in their local areas.
- Measures of earnings per geographic areas so that job search advisors can provide guidance on job location decisions.
- Measures of job gain and loss for different types of workers so that economic development agencies know where jobs are created and for whom.
How to Use the QWI Explorer Tool
- The QWI Explorer will default to California data on computers used to access this data in the state.
- Select the Indicator of choice from the drop-down list on the left-side of the application.
- Use the Sub-State Geography on the right-side of the application to get data for other geographic areas within California.
- In addition to selecting Sub-State Geographic areas, the QWI Explorer also allows you to select, the industry, time period, worker characteristics, or other criteria.
Note: The industry data provided below uses the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS).
Visit QWI Explorer – Full Screen to view the application in its native form. For more information about the QWI Explorer visit QWI Explorer Help and Documentation.