How to Request a NAICS Code Review
The Employer Classification Unit at LMID is responsible for assigning and reviewing NAICS codes. In the event an employer does not agree with our coding determination or has not received an assigned NAICS code, they can request an update by writing a letter on their company letterhead. The individual who signs the letter must be authorized agent of the employer.
The following information must be included in the letter:
- State Unemployment Insurance account number (SEIN #).
- Physical business address if it differs from the mailing address.
- A brief statement asking for a review of your business activities and to change the assigned NAICS code or issue a newly assigned NAICS code.
- A detailed description of the business activity and services or products provided.
- A contact name and their phone number in the event we have additional questions.
We will review your request, make any necessary changes, and follow-up with you in writing within 10 working days. For your business purposes, all updated or newly assigned NAICS codes can be used immediately.
Please fax your written request to (916) 262-2549.